It almost seems like no matter what kids cannot be motivated to keep those teeth clean. Luckily, there are a few ways to make teeth cleaning more fun for your kids. Here are five of those ways:
1. Make it Digital: There are many computer games and television programs that are funded by dentists and even toothpaste companies that want to get kids motivated to brush their teeth. Since television programs and computer games are used by so many kids on a daily basis, this is a great tool to use to help motivate them.
Try to find those television programs that at least hint at the importance of teeth brushing and computer games on many toothpaste company's websites that you can try to get your child interested in. This can definitely help lead them in the right direction with their oral health.
2. Sing Together: When its time to get your kids to brush their teeth, consider doing it together. You can come up with a silly song that makes it fun, or you can even play a game where you have to try and sing your favorite pop song together while brushing your teeth. You could even take a popular song and change up the lyrics so that it talks about teeth brushing.
3. Come up with a Story: When its time to get your child in the bathroom to brush their teeth, come up with a story that involves getting them there and to their toothbrush. For example, you can put their superman cape on their backs and tell them that they need to fly to the bathroom and use their toothbrush (or "sword") to fight the evil plaque that is lurking in their mouths.
4. Make a Count Down: If your child is too old for singing or making up stories, you can always motivate them with a timer. Let them know that if they don't get their teeth brushed before the time runs out, they will face an appropriate consequence.
5. Make it a Competition: If you have two or more children that you need to motivate to brush their teeth, consider making it a competition. Keep the prizes small and simple, but just enough so that it makes them want to join the competition to see whoever can get their teeth brushed faster.
By taking some of these tips into consideration, you can turn teeth brushing from a battle to a fun, family event.